Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bidnes

Recently, I agreed to write reviews and some features over at Twin Galaxies' website, the first of which is a review for recent WiiWare addition, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. It seems that my thoughts on the game are mostly in line with other reviews that I have read (if I were to boil it down for you, I'd probably give it a B+), but some are pretty wildly different. While I know that no two people can totally agree on anything, I'm finding a morbid fascination in how some (*cough*cough*Gamespot*cough*) rag on the game and my reaction to those reviews, especially now that I'm not so far removed from game magazine websites like IGN or Gamespot. This, in no way, is me knocking anybody's website or the reviewers that write for them, but I really expected Lark Anderson to like it a little more than a 5.5. But again, that's just me.

Though this does seem like a good point to mention that Gamespot has seemed a little more harsh in their reviews over the past year or so than I seem to remember. I'm too lazy to actually do the research to see if this is fact or not, but some games look like they get slightly lower total scores from CBS-er Gamespot than many of the other major sites. Then again, being a little more citical never really hurt anybody, I guess. So carry on, Lark Anderson, and go ahead and save CNet's Wii Points for something else.

No comments: