Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Grand Theft Hair



So are you at home playing GTA V? I am not. That isn't to say that I'm opposed to taking the -day- week off of work to play a monumentally hyped game is a bad idea, but you know, Grand Theft Auto never did it for me. In general, really, open world games don't really seem to be my bag. No one trait of these games -- be it the driving to the fighting -- never really seem built well enough that I could forgive so many other flaws, so I tend to get bored with them quickly. I do like the writing, though, and I used to love watching friends of mine drive aimlessly through Vice City at night while listening to Mr. Mister, but from a raw gameplay perspective, I guess my interests always lay elsewhere.

But I can't exactly say I'm playing better right now. Yes, the emphatic arm-waiving that resulted in the first five hours of Shin Megami Tensei IV has since cooled. It was as hot and heavy as you'd find in a freshmen dorm, now cranked down to conversations about whose turn it is to fold the laundry. Still, I'm plugging along through it in hopes that things pick up now that I'm kicking it in Tokyo, so let's keep our demon fusing fingers crossed. Outside of that, it's been Hitman: Absolution, which is yet another game I would have never played if it weren't for PlayStation+. Stealth murder games are really just large, elaborate puzzles staring bald men in black suits, a concept that doesn't change my life into a Maxell ad. It's fine so far, but, you know.

Anyway, I hope all of you mischief-making bank robbers out there are showing Los Santos what's what.

No comments: