Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Kashi Go Lean instant oatmeal with added flax seed will be the cement substitute of the future. Just try cleaning it out of your receptacle of choice the day after you enjoy it. I'm not a small guy, but it was starting to take more elbow grease than I was willing to give it. I can't imagine how it would be after letting it sit and crystallize over the course of a week, but I may have inadvertantly discovered a more humane form of torture. Please stop reading this blog, right-wingers.

I promised last week that I have good stuff lined up for coming posts, and one thing actually did fall into place. I know that's a tease for a post of a blog that nobody reads other than me when I feel like retreading old work (because everyone needs a good cry), but if you're down with the internets and the people that make their living on them, then you'll dig it the most. Stay tuned to this station.



Other than that, I finally settled down with one of my recurring old flames last night, one Street Fighter III: Third Strike. If you were to diagram my weekly games intake, an evening of 3S was uniformly placed somewhere in there to sort of cleanse the palette between games I would play or to give myself a break and regroup when RPGs would start to slow down during their inevitable mundane middle sections (which I have found true for 99 out of 100 of them). Sadly, my Dragon Punching has been curbed since my absurdly huge and expensive joystick started going on the fritz about two months ago. Not unlike speaker wire when it starts to decay, the USB cable of the stick has become finicky, and most of the time decides that, you know, it just isn't feeling it tonight, honey. I'm aware that it's something of an easy fix with a soldering kit and a little know-how, but these are precisely the two things I lack, so it's down to me plugging the thing in and hoping against hope. Then again, there's always a chance I can use the oatmeal to Spackle some loose wire back to the PCB or something. I'll give it some more thought.

Today's required reading comes from Kotaku's excellent roundup of the audacity of GDC 2013's hope, found here.

No comments: