Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Blog A Day


...might keep readers away...maybe.

When 1Up.com (may it rest in peace) was still a thing, the large, passionate community would take it upon themselves to elect February as the month where you would write one blog per day. A lot of good stuff was cranked out by those cats, but it all came to a halt last Feb. when the site's corporate Nether Lords decided to shut the place down. Drag.

So, in an effort to pay tribute to what was a very good idea on a very good website, I'm going to do my best to keep the tradition going this year. How am I going to start? Well, by being a few days late, obviously (much like the 1Up days, now that I think about it).

We'll keep this light and flow-y by making today brief, but if you want a personal recommendation that will take you much longer to read, go check out Matt Loene's off-the-chart-amazing oral history of Street Fighter II over at Polygon. It hits kind of close to home for me because of how much I loves me some Street Fighter, but the amount of work that went into this is really staggering, and it's a fascinating read even if you don't dig the Dragon Punch.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: