Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Day 19: The Waste

Last night can probably be called a wasted effort. After making my way through 1-1 yesterday morning for the new STR/END/VIT build, I spent a lot of time on my own while the Discord regulars were off fighting in high-level PvP. Since I didn't have a character at the level threshold they were at to scrape with them, I fiddled around on my own to move this new blunt instrument of mine through the game.

At first, I didn't mind. I like being left to my own devices, and I would happily ask for help if I really needed it. I even lent a hand to other randos that needed some co-op when I could. After about an hour, though, I paused: I wasn't really doing anything other than going through the game as normal. I've all but given up on significant PvP at this point, and I was quickly sliding back into old habits that offline-me would be using. Or will be using again. I didn't like this so much.

I forced myself to ask for unnecessary help from the Discord chat. We couldn't get it to work out because I didn't properly set myself up (because I'm dumb). But with only a few days left (next Wednesday!), I'm wondering if this is symptomatic of a larger problem, or I'm just getting burnt out because I've been going almost nonstop for close to three weeks.

Maybe tonight will have to be all low-level invasion. I need to spice the game up for myself at this point. I also needed to request off a day of work next week. The servers are shutting down at 3:00pm EST, which is where I live. This would mean that they go down at 6:00pm Pacific, but curiously, those are staying on until midnight. I'm honestly not sure how they got so lucky.

Maybe we'll talk about that tomorrow.

No comments: