Monday, February 26, 2018

Day 25:

It's time to start wrapping things up. At this point, while there have been a handful of days with little in the way of my active, 28 day diary (with one day completely absent. Sorry), I have enough content that I can cherry pick the good stuff for the USGamer story I need to turn in over the next few days. Plus, I have whatever experiences that come over the next 48 hours, whatever those wind up being.

But I'm getting concerned with the actual shut down now, even more than I was a few days ago. I tried reaching out to Atlus on Twitter for some clarification of the end will come late tomorrow night or 3AM (my time) on March 1. Nothing. I've reached out and screamed into the void of Discord for opinions. Nobody's been weighing in. I know I might be off base with this, but I took the day off on Wednesday thinking that we'd be looking at 3PM on Wednesday, and then felt a little better about it when it might 3AM tomorrow. But there's no way to tell for sure from where we're sitting until a few hours past my bedtime tomorrow night. If I'm wrong, I'm really going to pay for it this week.

Regardless, it's time to start combing through the notes to formulate the story, which will most likely be modified excerpts from this blog. I've been going back and for about the formulation and direction of what I'm getting paid for a lot since last week. The way I just described it almost seems too easy, or cheating in a way. On the other hand, I think it might be a neat format to get some ideas across about player interaction, community engagement (and maybe uprising), and this lost generation of brand new players that just came to Demon's Souls over the past few months. It's probably the way I'll go, but I still have time to mull it over before getting down to writing a draft.

But the timing is going to be a problem. If the shutdown is tomorrow night, I'll have the whole day to get some sleep and head to my favorite bar for some daytime typing. If not, Thursday's going to be a long day.

But we'll talk about that tomorrow.

No comments: